Energy Intelligence, Corporate & Upstream Oil & Gas Reporter
Reporting to: Bureau Chief
Energy Intelligence is an independent provider of energy and geopolitical insights, analysis, data, and research. The company’s reputation has been built on uncompromised independent analysis from access to primary sources of information and data.
With editorial coverage in 15 focused daily and weekly publications and nearly 60 years of archives, our award-winning Information Services team delivers high-quality news and analysis covering the most important developments in the energy industry.
The vacancy is for a reporter in our London bureau to cover the corporate and upstream oil and gas sector in Europe.
The role involves producing original news stories and analysis on the performance and strategies of a wide range of European-based oil companies, both integrated majors and independents, and on trends and developments in the region’s upstream, with a specific but not exclusive focus on the UK and Norway, for a range of Energy Intelligence’s daily and weekly publications.
The successful applicant will have at least two years’ experience in energy or financial journalism and a consequent good basic knowledge of either the oil and gas industry or equities markets (preferably both), a clear concise writing style, strong numerical and analytical skills, and an ability to produce original and insightful copy under tight deadline pressure.
- Provide regular news stories and analytical features on European corporate and upstream oil and gas sector for range of Energy Intelligence publications, with focus on our main weekly corporate strategy newsletter, EI Finance, International Oil Daily and Petroleum Intelligence Weekly.
- European corporate coverage to encompass integrated majors such as BP, Shell, Total and Eni, smaller upstream independents, and the oilfield services sector, and to involve both news and analysis at a company level, and broader analysis pieces looking at trends across the corporate oil sector.
- Attend weekly EI Finance budget meeting and other editorial planning meetings to help plan and coordinate coverage of European corporate and upstream oil and gas sector.
- Attend conferences, corporate presentations and other industry events as required in London and overseas in support of our coverage.
- Good basic knowledge of oil and gas industry and/or equities and financial markets, including relevant terminology.
- Strong reporting skills, ability to find and cultivate sources, resourcefulness in finding ways to access information
- Clear concise writing style.
- Good numeracy and data-handling skills.
- Strong critical and analytical skills.
- Ability to develop original story and analytical ideas and see angles our competitors do not.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills to facilitate cooperation with colleagues in London bureau and overseas.
To apply, please send a cover letter and your CV by completing the application form below.
Energy Intelligence is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Energy Intelligence will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against applicants or employees because they have enquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another applicant or employee. Nothing in this job posting should be construed as on offer or guarantee of employment.
Apply for Energy Intelligence, Corporate & Upstream Oil & Gas Reporter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly