Parent Zone, Senior Education Writer - 12 Month Maternity Cover
About Parent Zone
Parent Zone is the UK's leading organisation making the internet work for families.
We work with global companies including Google and Vodafone to deliver groundbreaking projects that help families make the most of technology while minimising risks.
Our imaginative publications, curricular materials, policy papers, training, and events (including a major annual conference) support families’ digital lives with innovation and flair.
- The senior education writer will work closely with global technology clients to write educational material for primary and secondary schools.
- You will lead on devising curriculum materials, support packages for teachers, and presentations for parents; and on writing newsletters, articles, blogs, and other materials.
- You will work closely with the Parent Zone partnerships team to liaise between the client and PZ, including attending frequent client meetings.
- You will generate ideas, and research, commission, write and edit copy across all our platforms - in print, on our websites (Parent Info and Parent Zone), and for a range of project materials.
- As a senior member of the editorial team, you will help develop junior writers to ensure a consistent and appropriate tone across all platforms.
- You will be up-to-date with policy and research in the fields of digital resilience, internet safety, and the effects of digital culture on families.
- You will work on wider Parent Zone projects to help parents manage family life, including through schools.
- You will contribute to social media and other comms activities.
Skills and experience:
- You will have experience working at a high level of responsibility on an online publication, magazine, or in an editorial capacity at a content agency.
- You will have a strong understanding of the educational landscape, the priorities of teachers, and the needs of schools.
- You will have effective account management skills: be able to understand a brief, deal with clients in a responsive and sympathetic manner, and deliver what’s needed. You will expertly manage relationships with other partners, including charities and academics.
- You will be a skilled and flexible writer, capable of adjusting your style for different audiences and purposes, and writing in a tone of voice that is warm, authoritative and approachable.
- You will have an interest in parenting and the challenges facing families and young people in the digital age.
- You will be comfortable using a CMS, adept at social media management, and will be able to contribute effectively to editorial decisions about priorities, layout etc.
- You will enjoy being part of a growing team - being agile, flexible and juggling several editorial projects at once.
- You will have excellent organisational and time management abilities.
- Full-time maternity cover. 12 month fixed term contract.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
- The occasional UK and international travel may be required.
Deadline for applications:
Please complete the application form below to send your CV and cover letter by 17:00 on Tuesday 28 May.
First Interview: Thursday 13 June