Health Reporter – Leading Media Owner – London
RedCat Digital are partnering exclusively with a leading media owner based in Central London for the recruitment of a Health Reporter to join their Lifestyle team.
Working out of their Holborn (5-mins walk from Holborn station) offices this offers the successful applicant the opportunity to join this highly successful Lifestyle, editorial team.
They are a lovely bunch and are excellent at what they do and this is a really exciting opportunity to join this successful team! This role will initially be a 12-month fix term contract (possible extension).
About the role:
My client is seeking an experienced health reporter with a strong digital background.
The right candidate will be across the biggest health news of the day, have the ability to react quickly to viral stories and have a contact book fit to burst with industry experts.
Whether it’s outlining how to meet your daily fibre target or explaining how the male contraception pill works, the ideal candidate will be able to tackle any health story in an engaging manner and with authority.
- Able to communicate effectively with the editorial team in a fast-paced digital newsroom
- Create engaging content to help my client reach its digital goals
- Write SEO-friendly health explainers and other evergreen content
- Use data and analytics to guide editorial decisions
- Use my clients partner content to enrich the user experience
- Work with the Sales team to create commercially attractive packages
- Spearhead related video and audio projects
- Editorial planning will be an important part of this role
We are looking for someone who:
- Is NCTJ qualified with at least three years’ experience covering health news for a national digital publisher
- Has numerous industry contacts
- Has a track record of breaking health exclusives
- Has an excellent understanding of SEO best practices
- Is comfortable spearheading projects
- Has impeccable written skills
- Has a good understanding of social media and video
To apply for this role please complete the application form below and attach a copy of your CV.
Type: 12 months FTC
RedCat Digital is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for ourselves and our clients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, natural origin, genetics, disability or age.
Apply for Health Reporter – Leading Media Owner – London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly