Marriott International, Manager - Premium & Select Brand PR Support
The Manager, Premium & Select Brands PR, Europe is responsible for supporting the Directors of Consumer PR for Premium and Select Brands in executing strategic public relations initiatives and communications for Marriott International brands in the continent.
The position will collaborate and align with the Marriott Global Communications & Public Affairs department, the Marriott Global Consumer PR department and the Global Brand and Marketing teams at corporate office in Washington as appropriate, to ensure pull-through of brand strategies and messaging into Europe.
The Premium and Select Brands includes nine Premium brands (Autograph Collection, Delta, Le Meridien, Marriott Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments, Renaissance, Tribute Portfolio, Sheraton and Westin) and seven select service brands (AC Hotels, Aloft, Moxy, Courtyard by Marriott, Four Points by Sheraton, Residence Inn by Marriott and Element). This role will support 50% of the Premium brands and 50% of the Select Service brands.
- Activates and implements consumer public relations plan as agreed with Directors.
- Represents brands during webinars, meetings and other organizational activities to various disciplines and groups throughout the organization, as well as externally.
- Contributes to the development of integrated public relations tools (e.g., manuals, training modules, newsletters) for field use that support and elevate the level of public relations activity.
- Partners with and/or manages multiple agency relationships (PR, social, experiential) to ensure the success and alignment of all initiatives.
- Works cross-functionally with internal disciplines and departments (including Brand, Marketing, Legal, Operations, Global Communications, Development, A&C, F&B, etc.) throughout the organization to enhance, develop and maintain PR programs and strategies.
- Creates reports for presentation to stakeholders.
- Provides public relations support and input at major regional, market, or brand meetings.
- Collaborates with the broader Consumer Public Relations team members in developing ongoing internal publicity for assigned areas.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on PR programs and initiatives for the assigned areas.
- Manages programme budgets and scopes for PR initiatives, including raising POs and invoicing
- Supports portfolio wide PR initiatives by pulling them through, as appropriate, in brand materials.
- Takes the lead on reporting on brand campaigns and initiatives using approved tools and defined metrics
- Supports Europe Crisis Communications processes including handling of duty phone on rota basis (including weekends)
- Take the lead in handling all brand media requests in a timely and efficient manner
- Executes various PR initiatives and programmes for the brands, and collaborates with team members across the brand in support of these efforts
- Manages events, such as openings, press conferences, off-property events, conferences and media tours
- The position will play a key support role in preparing materials for press events and hotel openings
CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED
- Minimum 5 years of public relations, marketing communications and corporate communications experience, preferably within the travel / hospitality / lifestyle sector
- Hotel and/or brand experience preferred
- Experience and ability to manage the interests and demands of multiple stakeholders
- European working experience with language skills a plus
- Education or Certification
- University degree
- Or equivalent in Public Relations / Communications / Marketing
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of brand public relations with experience in agency management, media relations, press writing, special events, speech writing and excellent proficiency in English language and writing skills.
- Ability to foster relationships with media resulting in positive press coverage
- Strong execution skills and organisational capabilities.
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills and high proficiency in English.
- Proficient in social media
- Excellent skills in event planning and implementation.
- High energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to successfully handle many diverse projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to regularly travel internationally.
- Flexible, open-minded and collaborative work style
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Click 'APPLY' now.