Risk.net, Editor (London / New York)
Infopro Digital is a fast-growing global information services business with an absolute focus on growth and innovation.
A three-time winner of the Digital B2B Publisher of the Year award, the company has 3,200 employees and revenues of €440 million across six professional markets: finance and insurance, automotive aftermarket, construction, industrials, public sector and retail.
With offices in London, New York, Hong Kong and Paris, we enjoy a truly international presence and a vibrant culture.
The last decade has seen dramatic change in risk management at banks and other financial institutions, as well as regulatory upheaval in the derivatives markets through which many risks are transferred. Risk.net and its print version Risk magazine cover these topics in more depth than any other publication.
Driven by growing subscription revenue, Risk.net prides itself on its editorial independence, high standards and on giving readers information and analysis they cannot get anywhere else – principles that have supported the brand since the launch of Risk magazine 30 years ago.
We are looking for a new editor to join our growing team. Our editors play a pivotal role in turning journalists’ raw copy into publication-ready stories that meet the highest standards of accuracy, impartiality and clarity. They are supported by specialist desk editors who ensure articles have the right focus and do not contain any factual or logical gaps.
The position is available in our London or New York offices.
- Editing raw copy.
- Adding/rewriting headlines and crossheads when necessary.
- Doing the final proofread on stories before publication, focusing on grammar, spelling, punctuation and house style.
The preferred candidate will have:
- At least five years of experience as a journalist or editor, preferably covering the financial sector and/or markets for some of that time.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and a knack for explaining complex topics in plain English. An ability to write with flair and, when appropriate, a sense of humour would be a bonus!
- A keen eye for detail and nuances of meaning.
- A willingness to learn about a broad range of financial topics, including regulation, derivatives, risk management and quantitative finance.
What we're looking for:
Please apply by completing the application form below with a CV/resume and, if you like, a short cover note. Please state your notice period.
What's on offer:
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum/pro rata
Flexible hours, a four-day week and remote working on some days are all possible.
We operate a culture where success is recognised. You will be supported throughout your career through management support, internal and external training courses and on-the-job training.
The following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Life assurance
- Interest-free season ticket loan (STL)
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonusly employee recognition
- Employee discount scheme
- Onsite monthly chair massage
- Eye-care Vouchers
- Vodafone employee advantage scheme
- Discounted gym membership + add partner to gym membership
- Additional life assurance
- Bike to work
- Buying holiday
- Dental insurance
- Health cash plan
- Health screening
Infopro Digital also runs The Foundation which supports a number of charities. Staff can volunteer to contribute their skills and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.
Apply for Risk.net, Editor (London / New York)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly