Khush Wedding, Features Writer
Khush Wedding has an opening for a Features Writer to join its team in Canning Town, London.
The successful candidate will produce outstanding features and content across both print and digital platforms.
Knowledge and understanding of key trends in weddings, bridal fashion and beauty is a must. Interest in South Asian culture and weddings is a bonus.
We are looking for an ambitious, creative and enthusiastic journalist who is confident working to a very tight deadline in a fast moving environment.
Must care deeply about our readers; understand their needs, ambitions and goals, and strive to create content that can help them achieve those goals.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Commission and edit stories on Asian weddings, fashion, beauty and luxury sectors across print and digital platforms
- Bring creativity to planning how we cover key events and editorial content.
- Ability to edit and tighten copy to a high standard within tight deadlines.
- Attend press events during and out of office hours
- Building relationships with fashion and beauty PRs
- An ideas generator, eager to uncover original stories and angles
- Must be willing to work some weekends
- Must be able to work past office hours during deadline to ensure all work is done on time
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 18 months experience as a writer
- Must have a degree or equivalent in Journalism, English or Media, or in a relevant subject.
- Knowledge and interest in weddings, fashion and beauty.
- Interest in South Asian weddings, bridal designers and indian fashion is a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to grasp interest of readers
- Multitasker, able to juggle current and forward feature planning
- Great team player, open and honest with sound judgement
- Excellent organisation skills
Looking to employ with immediate effect.
Must be London based.
Please email your CV, along with a covering letter and examples of three stories on weddings, fashion or beauty - no more than 500 words each, by completing the application form below.
Closing date for applications: 31 May 2019.