Specialist Insight, Reporter
Corporate Jet Investor / Superyacht Investor / Revolution.Aero
Are you an enthusiastic journalist who can explain complex subjects in an easy-to-read manner? Do you agree that serious journalism does not need to be boring? Do you want to be a key part of a global industry?
We are an award-winning boutique media company based in Reigate, Surrey.
We are boutique, but fast growing with a global outlook. In April we were awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for International Trade. This is the UK’s most prestigious business award.
Our websites, emails and print publications occupy a unique space in each of their markets whether it is corporate jets, superyachts, helicopters or the future of flight.
We focus on transactions and our readers are buyers, sellers or financiers of assets as well as the lawyers and others who advise them. We are known for our independence, analysis and humour.
We are not looking for someone to just edit press releases – we want you to add value, get scoops, identify trends and find new angles. And you’ll be mentored every step of the way. Our team includes former newspaper and international magazine editors and we want you to grow as a journalist.
We use a mixture of online content, email newsletters and videos to inform our readers – we have also just launched a quarterly print magazine (2019 is the year of print!).
All of this supports our conferences which are held in London, Dubai, Singapore, Miami, San Francisco and other cities around the world. You will travel to industry events, find out what is happening in the market and make contacts for future stories.
We offer strong career progression at a profitable, fast-growing company.
You will be responsible for:
- Writing daily news and analysis
- Interviewing key market players, researching and writing feature stories including telephone, face-to-face and video interviews
- Finding and breaking scoops
- Running surveys and awards
- Compiling data tables and analysing data
- Forming relationships with key people in the industry
- Helping with new media, video and digital publications
- Enjoy writing and editing - and be keen to build a portfolio of stories
- Like taking on responsibility
- Work well in a small, motivated team
- Have a good understanding of online journalism
- Be ambitious and want to gain relevant experience
- Be keen to invest time in understanding the key issues in each market
- Love networking, meeting people and building relationships
- Be able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Represent the company at conferences and industry shows (may include international travel)
- Be able to commute to Reigate
If this sounds of interest please apply by completing the application form below.