Oracle, Communications Manager
Communications Manager: Oracle Autonomous Computing, OCI & Security
- This position will drive a fully integrated communications agenda around Oracle’s autonomous computing, Gen2 cloud infrastructure and security focus areas as well as promoting and protecting Oracle’s wider brand and reputation as part of the EMEA hub team.
- Tightly linked with Marketing and Sales functions, the role will create, integrate and co-ordinate execution of communications programs in-country.
- As a key role within Oracle EMEA Corporate Communications this position will report to the Communications Director, EMEA. This position is based in UK and will require some travel within the region.
- Over and above specialist skills the candidate must demonstrate drive, initiative, common sense and a get-up-and-go attitude to be successful in this role. This role balances the need for regional programme thought leadership, creation of compelling content, tight working across teams and a get-it-done approach to media and other influencer story placement. Degree qualification is not required. Drive and initiative is.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Set the communications strategy to support Oracle’s autonomous computing, Gen2 cloud infrastructure and security EMEA business priorities (CEO, CMO, CHRO, CFO and CIO audiences) with an objective to establish Oracle as the regional market leader in Cloud.
- Integrate Security messaging into all programmes across SaaS, PaaS and IaaS.
- Provide expert counsel in combining traditional and social/digital communications programs into a single cohesive approach to build credibility and demonstrate leadership.
- Drive measurable collaboration to ensure key communications plans, narratives and content deliverables are used to maximum effect.
- Assess and deliver robust multi-channel customer engagement programs for autonomous computing, Gen2 infrastructure and security.
- Identify and help shape interactions with Oracle across EMEA for relevant influencer communities by surrounding them with a dynamic flow of news, opinion, commentary and expertise.
- Provide content for country teams to be able to effectively progress Oracle’s autonomous computing, Gen2 infrastructure and security programmes.
- Monitoring competition activity and making strategic recommendations.
Skills & Competencies:
- This role must be filled by an outstanding professional, passionate about communications and delivering results, with minimum 8 years’ experience. Some of this time should have been in a leadership role within a corporate entity or a leading communications agency.
- Excellent strategic planning skills; a solid understanding of the B2B technology industry; deep understanding of traditional and social/digital techniques and campaign planning.
- Experience of working within a global enterprise, partnering with highly matrixed inter-connected teams across marketing, sales, social and global/regional dynamics.
- High degree of personal initiative, collaboration and strong written communications are critical skills.
- The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of how technology is shaping and advancing the everyday lives of individuals as well as organisations – and demonstrated skills in applying that understanding to successful communications. More importantly they will be able to apply their technical understanding to being able to develop thought leadership topics to make the subjects accessible to non-technical audiences.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process.
This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Click 'APPLY' now to visit our site and complete your application.