Global, Digital News Editor
Global is one of the world’s leading media & entertainment groups and Europe’s largest radio company.
At Global, we work hard, we’re obsessed about the detail in everything we do and most of all we’re proud to be known for employing some of the best talent in the industry.
As the country’s leading commercial radio business, Global is home to some of the biggest and most loved media brands in the UK; Heart, Capital, Classic FM, Smooth, LBC, Radio X, Capital Xtra and Gold. Every week, Global brands reach more than 31 million people, including more than 25 million on the radio alone.
Global has more than 1,600 people working at 25 broadcast centres around the UK and offices in New York, Paris & Hamburg. We’re a dynamic company who look for like-minded and passionate people to join the business.
Come join Global’s Newsroom, as we evolve and expand our digital offering across our market-leading apps and websites.
We’re looking for online journalists who live and breathe news. People who know their ERGs from their DUPs.
As an all-rounder – you’ll be a dab hand at writing, editing, curating, SEO and social media.
- Write and distribute the news across our digital and social platforms, including desktop and mobile web, apps, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Report news as it happens online with strong breaking news skills and generate web traffic through application of advanced social media showcasing skills.
- Keep users up-to-date with the latest news stories.
- Work with Global’s Newsrooms across the UK to create digital version of their exclusive stories.
- Formulate a well-rounded daily coverage plan that gives people the news that interests them.
- Identify compelling, unique stories and user-generated content of interest to our audience.
- Experience of working in a newsroom.
- All the skills needed to be an online journalist.
- This will require overnight and weekend work.
- You’ll be working from our London office, in Leicester Square.
And of course, you’ll demonstrate our Global behaviours:
- Straight talking and sincere
- Love to Deliver
- Obsessive about detail
- Strive to do it differently
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Global, Digital News Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly