Women's Health, Digital Writer
Your role is to support the Digital Editor in growing the fitness vertical of Womenshealthmag.com/UK, along with helping to drive audience growth and engagement on WH’s social platforms. As such, you will be responsible for generating training, workout, gymwear and fitness tech content.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To source daily original content ideas for inclusion on Womenshealthmag.com/UK using various trending tools: IG, CrowdTangle, Pinterest etc
- To create content with purpose (SEO, E-COMS and social-led)
- To produce content with speed and timeliness throughout the day, understanding that success online is often a matter of finding a new angle on a trending story or being first.
- To show an ability to cover stories across WH’s various interest areas: workouts, gymwear shopping (E-COMS) galleries, body transformations and fitness trends
- To create a bi-annual fitness trends report to share with internal stakeholders
- To source social-led syndications from other Hearst brands and edit for WH publication
- To work with Digital Editor to create a Fitness Edit Calendar that aligns with search trends
- To work with Social Media Editor on monthly social takeovers (fitness)
- To work with Social Media Editor on fitness franchises for WH IG Grid
- When needed, assist the Digital Editor in general day-to-day admin
- Attend fitness launches and new classes as an ambassador of WH
- Working directly with the Digital Editor throughout the day on all facets of digital content production
- Working with Social Media Editor on creation and publication of social fitness content
- A quick, digitally minded writer and proven digital content creator, with knowledge of the fitness and wellness industry
- A natural with social media
- Fitness credentials a bonus
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and proficiency with CMS/Photoshop
- You will have the desire and agility to work across all digital mediums; ranging from short news pieces to listicles and e-coms galleries to longer-form features. You will also work on IG posts, YouTube video and IG Live – this role demands that you’re as good with words as you are with an iPhone.
- As the primary source of training and fitness content you will be able to responsibly report on fitness trends, research and launches
Click 'APPLY' and please include in your cover letter:
- One idea for a SEO-led workout gallery. Please include rationale, article summary, headline, sell, meta title, meta description and any other information that you see fit
- One idea for e-coms gymwear feature. Please include rationale, headline, sell, meta title, meta description, feature intro and first product example
- One social-led feature idea for online - (please include article summary, headline, sell, meta title, meta description and any other information that you see fit)
- One social video idea: you have one hour with a WH cover star. What video would you shoot for Instagram? Please explain concept and format.