Cosmopolitan, Snapchat Editor
Cosmopolitan.com/UK is looking for a Snapchat Editor to create sharable and engaging long-form content and share snaps for our huge daily Discover subscriber base of switched-on millennials.
The Snapchat Editor will manage each daily edition, while implementing a long-term strategy to ensure our channel stays at the top of its game.
The role will also involve working closely with our lead Snapchat Animator and Multimedia Editor, as well as the wider website team to ensure that every piece of content we publish is on brand and appealing to our audience.
There will also be scope to be involved in the creation of content for Cosmopolitan UK’s other social media platforms They will have a huge passion for the Cosmopolitan digital brand and for Snapchat, and for the millions of young women we serve.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To oversee the day-to-day running of Cosmopolitan UK’s Snapchat Discover channel, as well as creating exclusive content and implementing wider strategy to help grow the Cosmopolitan audience and retain user loyalty on the platform.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define a strong Snapchat Discover strategy with the Digital Editor and Social Media Manager to retain and increase engagement, user retention and subscribers.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day running, uploading and publishing of our Cosmopolitan UK Snapchat Discover channel, as well as generating original feature and shareable content ideas for it.
- Managing the content schedule and sourcing Cosmopolitan website content for Snapchat Discover, with an understanding of what performs best.
- Co-ordinating with the Snapchat Animator on animation ideas, themes and packages.
- Creating weekly and monthly analytics reports, using data to inform strategy.
- Producing editorial strategy for commercial campaigns based on editorial learnings.
- To be intrinsically aware of current and future trends in social and how they apply to Cosmopolitan UK and to the Snapchat audience.
- Be a team player, keen to input ideas and create content for some of Cosmopolitan’s other social platforms when necessary by working closely with the Social Media Manager.
- The ideal candidate will have worked on Snapchat Discover previously, or as part of a social media team on a large digital brand.
- A solid understanding of Snapchat Discover and the audience on the platform is essential.
- Experience working with Snapchat Discover CMS is ideal.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects is desired.
- A knowledge of other social media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook, and wider social trends is preferred.
- A proven track record of creating shareable content for a digital brand is ideal.
- Ability to demonstrate the use of data and insights in strategy building is essential, whether this be on Snapchat Discover itself, or tools such as Google Analytics, CrowdTangle, Chartbeat etc.
- A thorough knowledge of and passion for the Cosmopolitan digital brand and an understanding of its audience is essential.
- Strong editing and fact-checking skills to ensure all content is on point and on brand.
Please click 'APPLY' and submit your CV, cover letter and completed task below:
- Develop an idea for a regular piece of content that is original to Cosmopolitan UK’s Discover channel and explore how the franchise could eventually play out on other social channels.
- Develop a plan for two separate themed Snapchat Discover editions. Show what each edition could look like and what content we could expect to see (topsnap-only content, shares and screenshot games, video, articles, opinion polls, trivia quiz questions etc).