The Chelsea Magazine Company, Production Editor - Travel Portfolio
Reports to: Group Editor / Editor
Purpose of job:
Subbing and production of bi-monthly travel magazines. Some writing will be required as well as picture research, managing the websites and social media accounts.
The role will involve working across our travel magazines, which will mainly involve sub editing and fact-checking copy, picture research and proofing layouts as well as a limited amount of writing.
The role will also involve managing websites and social media accounts and creating or repurposing content to attract and maintain a highly-engaged audience.
The key challenge is helping to create first class products and communicate the unique selling points to a largely overseas audience.
We require someone who is confident in delivering concise and accurate copy and able to bring an organised, structured approach to any new responsibilities that he or she is given.
The ideal candidate will be ambitious, hard working, resourceful and independent, with a meticulous eye for detail.
A good knowledge of British travel, culture and history is preferred, but all ambitious candidates with relevant journalism experience will be considered.
The role is office based but you will also be expected to attend occasional events and be a confident and presentable ambassador for the brands.
- Educated to degree level preferred
- Good knowledge of the British Isles from a travel and history perspective
- Excellent knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop
- Good understanding of social media posting, scheduling and strategy
- Familiarity with other website CMS systems is preferable
- Excellent grasp of English language and accurate spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Meticulous sub-editor proof reader and fact-checker
- Ability to write informative copy to specific briefs and tight deadlines
- Excellent time management, self motivated and organised
- Confident and presentable
- Several years relevant journalistic experience, ideally on consumer magazines
- Deputise for the Editor in his/her absence
Apply by completing the application form below.