Rifle Shooter, Editor
An incredible opportunity for an Editor has arisen on our market-leading title, Rifle Shooter.
Our primary search is for someone who has a high level of rifle shooting knowledge, knows the shooting world, and is technically very knowledgeable on the whole scene.
Rifle Shooter is a monthly magazine covering every aspect of rifle shooting from stalking to foxing and new product tests.
Each issue has fantastic features from the UK’s leading rifle experts, and tons of shooting advice. Its trusted, in-depth product reviews are what helps to makes this magazine the leader in its sector.
As editor your overall aim would be to deliver the very best quality editorial content and design to readers of Rifle Shooter magazine, its website and brand extensions.
This role offers great opportunities to travel throughout the world to attend new product launches and exhibitions. You will regularly travel within the UK to attend photo shoots, find features and represent the magazine at shows and events. Our ideal is for you to be based near our Wokingham office where the team regularly meet.
AS EDITOR YOU WOULD:
- Lead the editorial content to maintain and grow reader engagement
- Plan content and direction well in advance to benefit commercial teams
- Proofread pages to ensure accuracy and style is correct
- Attend product launches and events as magazine representative
- Create partnerships that expand the brand’s reach
- Ensure all team members are on track to meet deadline requirements
- Work with digital teams to ensure regular flow of newsletter content
- Work with internal teams to ensure all monetising opportunities are maximised.
SALARY, BONUS & BENEFITS:
- Salary range £30,000-£32,000
- + £4800 car allowance
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Annual volunteer day
- Free weekly & monthly publications
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your application by completing the application form below.
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of your application, then you can assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
We reserve the right to change the closing date at any time during the recruitment process, so please apply ASAP as we will be dealing with applications as soon as they arrive.