AFP, Video Journalist - Social Media
English-speaking journalist in AFP's social media video unit
AFP, one of the world's leading international news agencies, is looking for a highly motivated London-based journalist to produce exciting new video formats aimed at audiences on social media networks.
Using AFP's photo, video and graphics production, you will create English-language video formats aimed at grabbing the attention of users on networks such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
You will be responsible both for coming up with ideas and for producing innovative news content that shows off the best of AFP's visual output.
The job requires careful editing and lively narration that is suited to audiences on social media. It will involve translating into English some of the French-language content produced by other members of the agency's social media video unit.
You will also curate AFP English-language video content on YouTube. This will mean keeping track of audience trends and showcasing AFP content posted daily on YouTube in line with the platform's style and abiding by the strategy and best practices developed by the AFP social media video team.
You may also be asked to manage feedback from users on YouTube and other networks in coordination with other members of AFP's social networks teams.
You may very occasionally be asked to shoot video.
Your duties may evolve, depending on AFP's needs and future partnerships.
- Native-level English speaker
- Good French; ability to translate accurately from French to English
- Excellent knowledge of social networks and how they use and distribute news
- Deep understanding of digital video style; how web communities work; and how to capture audiences
- Video editing skills essential
- Sought-after skills: experience as a YouTube channel community manager and production of video for social media
- Software skills: Adobe Premiere, Wochit.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Start date: ASAP