Solar Media, International Reporter
- Full Time
Solar Media is seeking a tenacious, self-starting journalist to join its editorial team as a reporter, working across our industry-leading international solar publishing portfolio.
The dynamic solar power sector presents a huge economic opportunity at a time when the climate emergency demands that growth be clean.
Solar power is finding new ways to deliver energy around the world, lowering prices and dependence in rich countries and bringing affordable electricity to previously unconnected corners of the world.
PV Tech covers the entire industry from the latest scientific advances to boost the technology to the top-down politics that can colour the entire outlook in any given solar market.
The successful candidate will ideally have at least two years’ reporting experience in B2B publishing or have covered technology, energy or other relevant beats.
More importantly, you’ll have a track record in generating off-diary stories and developing a network of contacts. As is accuracy, clarity and a willingness to get to grips with complex topics. Foreign languages are a bonus, superb English is a must.
The role will include:
- Sourcing, researching and writing news stories, features, blogs and analysis articles for our flagship site PV Tech, taking ownership of specific patches of our coverage;
- Subbing and proofing of other journalists’ work, maintaining our impeccable grammatical and factual reputation;
- Generating and maintaining relationships with industry representatives and officials;
- Pitching, researching and writing editorial content across our portfolio as required;
- Managing regular deadlines according to requirements;
- Homepage and newsletter editing;
- Utilising our social media presence to broadcast news and updates to our readership;
- Representing the publications at industry events.
You’ll be joining our editorial team in our lively Victoria office with an expectation that you’ll follow stories beyond the office walls as much as possible. International travel will be expected.
Solar Media has been providing news, analysis and insight to the solar industry for a decade in print, online and in person at our portfolio of global events.
Our work is hugely respected by the industry we serve. You’ll develop your own beat and your own ideas with an emphasis on setting the news agenda for the industry.
We all work across multiple titles as and when required and our newest team member will be expected to do the same. We’re big enough to make a difference and small enough to be nimble, agile and open to executing your best ideas.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Solar Media’s head of content, John Parnell, by completing the application form below. Please include details of two referees.