Retail Week, Senior Reporter
We're looking for a Senior Reporter to join our team in London and become an integral part of our Content function.
- Contribute agenda-setting exclusive news stories, features, analyses, opinion pieces and videos for publication across both our website and fortnightly magazine
- Come up with new and innovative ideas to help shape and develop our content output – including video and podcasts
- Constantly think about what content is valuable for our customers and coming up with new ways of doing that
- Represent Retail Week in the market, at industry events and in the media, through TV and radio appearances. You will also be expected to attend industry functions and dinners in the evenings.
- Report on businesses within the retail sector; build, nurture and maintain contacts; and interview senior board level directors.
As part of a fast-paced newsdesk, you will be expected to contribute agenda-setting exclusive news stories, features, analyses, opinion pieces and videos for publication across both our website and fortnightly magazine.
Retail is one of the most exciting business sectors to cover. Retail affects everyone’s day to day lives, is the largest private sector employer, and plays a key role in our economy. The sector is going through unprecedented change at the moment with the advent of technology, meaning it is at the forefront of innovation.
You will be a core part of the team that is driving Retail Week’s digital transformation.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines is essential, be comfortable juggling various priorities and able to hop onto projects at the last minute if required
- Experience of writing news and features to deadlines, either in a workplace environment, or as part of a degree qualification, is essential
- Knowledge or experience of the retail sector is a plus, but not a necessity
- Digital skills, such as filming/editing video, will be a bonus
- A shorthand qualification is desirable, but not a necessity
- Experience of content management systems, SEO and multi-platform publishing would be beneficial
- An ability to make contacts and build relationships with senior stakeholders in the retail sector is vital
- A self-starter, enthusiastic, organised and able to multi task
What We Offer
We offer our employees a great package of perks, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
About Retail Week
We offer news, insights and data from the retail industry to a global audience. We’re experts in our field, occupying the number one space in our sector with an unparalleled well-established reputation.
Joining us will let you work alongside the most extraordinary individuals in a fast-paced, hard-working, high-performing team. We pride ourselves on having a high level of individual accountability and autonomy, allowing you to be flexible to do your best work.
Retail Week is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential YouTube Channel
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us? Click 'APPLY' now.