Nursing in Practice, Editor
This is an exciting opportunity to take a role shaping the editorial direction of a market-leading healthcare magazine and website.
The role will involve managing a small team of reporters to produce the best news and feature content for our website and bi-monthly magazine serving a large, engaged community of nurses working in general practice and in the community.
The right candidate will be experienced in setting a news agenda, be confident in delivering exclusive investigations and have top-quality writing and editing skills. Some knowledge of clinical topics is desirable but not essential.
There will be plenty of scope to work on new projects for the brand as well as come up with plenty of ideas to keep improving the content and widen their reach.
The editor will also work with the group editor to set the editorial direction for Nursing in Practice as well as feed into the company’s other publications which include Pulse, The Pharmacist and Healthcare Leader.
The right candidate will have at least five years’ experience in journalism. Trade journalism and/or health journalism is preferred, but not essential.
What the job involves:
- At least five years’ experience in journalism
- At least one years’ experience in an editor role
- A track record of breaking exclusives
- A track record of initiating and conducting investigations
- A background of commissioning articles
- Line management experience
- A background in trade journalism
- A background in health journalism
- Some clinical knowledge relevant to primary care
To apply, please send your CV to group editor Gemma Collins, by completing the application form below. The closing date for applications is Friday 19th of July.