HELLO! Online, Staff Writer
Hello from HELLO! We're looking for a staff writer who is a big fan of all things celebrity, entertainment and of course, ROYAL!
So if you know your Archie Harrison from your Archie Andrews, your Lady Louise Windsor from your Lady Mary Crawley and your Kate Middleton from your Kate Winslet, we would love to hear from you!
The role is full time on rotating shifts from Tuesday - Saturday, with one week at 9am-5pm, and one week at 2pm-10pm.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years experience in online journalism (preferably entertainment), and will have a good working knowledge of SEO, CMS and how to utilise social media, as well as an eye for a great story. Of course, fans of the site and magazine would be a big bonus!
Main responsibilities and duties will include:
- Pitch online stories and feature ideas daily
- Research and write articles for HELLO! online
- Edit and crop images for inclusion in articles (Photoshop knowledge useful)
- Stay up to date with all celebrity and royal news, including trending TV shows
- Write accurate, precise copy swiftly and at times on tight deadlines
- Attend launches, red carpet premieres, photo calls and other events as required
- Be available to respond urgently to out of hours breaking news events
How to Apply:
If you would like to be considered for the role, please complete the application form below to send an up to date copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your relevant experience and the reasons this role appeals.
In addition please complete and submit the follow task:
- TASK: Write a 350-400 word news story on a news topic or event you think would appeal to a HELLO! reader in the early evening.