TATLER & Vanity Fair, Acting Deputy Art Director
Condé Nast is home to some of the world’s most celebrated media brands.
In Britain, we set the benchmark for multimedia publishing excellence with brands including Vogue, GQ, Glamour, The World of Interiors, House & Garden, Condé Nast Traveller, Tatler, Brides, WIRED, LOVE, Vanity Fair and Condé Nast Johansens. We inspire across print, digital, social, events, consultancy and – with the Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design – education.
With a commitment to delivering beautiful, influential content and brand experiences, our mission is to open the doors to a word of excellence, creativity and passion.
Tatler & Vanity Fair is looking for a talented and highly motivated, cross-platform Deputy Art Director.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic designer with several years of consumer magazine and editorial experience at a senior level.
Supporting the Art Director, you will be a central part of the art team to help oversee both Vanity Fair and Tatler magazines promotional print and digital content and twelve annual magazine supplements.
The Deputy Art Director will be responsible for everything from concept and commissioning to day-to-day design and execution and will work closely with the design team, picture editor, senior editors and sub-editors to ensure that the highest level of creative output is achieved whilst being effective and adaptive to workloads and schedules.
We are looking for someone with a passion for design and all things Vanity Fair and Tatler, who can deliver high-quality, eye-catchingly creative work in a pressurised environment; the candidate must also be articulate, self-motivated and able to manage magazine projects independently.
A thorough knowledge of Adobe CS (InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop) is essential and experience of Adobe After Effects and Premier Pro is advantageous.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To support the Art Director in all design and art desk duties, from checking proofs to liaising with production department to ensuring that workloads, schedules and deadlines are met
- To design and art direct the magazine’s supplement and promotional pages whilst working closely with the senior editors and sub-editors
- Executing print and digital advertising and marketing material including traffic drivers, eye-catching social posts,
- digital outdoor billboards and E-newsletters
- To create innovative concepts for both photography and video shoots, sourcing and commissioning photographers, stylists and illustrators
- To art direct studio and location print and video shoots whilst maintaining the high quality and brand aesthetic that is expected of Vanity Fair and Tatler
- To deputise for the Art Director in their absence.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Have a deep understanding of the Vanity Fair and Tatler brands
- Demonstrate previous experience working on a leading publishing brand as an innovative, hands-on designer at a senior level
- A portfolio that is full of creative ideas and beautifully executed projects and strong art direction
- Excellent knowledge of magazine design, photography and typography as well as a passion for the industry
- A bulging contacts book and network of connections with top-end photographers, stylists and illustrators
- Extremely well organised with a flair for managing myriad projects simultaneously
- The ability to manage projects independently, to delegate and to manage junior design staff
- Degree-level education is preferable.
Click 'APPLY' now.