TATLER & Vanity Fair, Art Editor
Condé Nast is home to some of the world’s most celebrated media brands.
In Britain, we set the benchmark for multimedia publishing excellence with brands including Vogue, GQ, Glamour, The World of Interiors, House & Garden, Condé Nast Traveller, Tatler, Brides, WIRED, LOVE, Vanity Fair and Condé Nast Johansens. We inspire across print, digital, social, events, consultancy and – with the Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design – education.
With a commitment to delivering beautiful, influential content and brand experiences, our mission is to open the doors to a word of excellence, creativity and passion.
Tatler & Vanity Fair is looking for an ambitious and highly motivated, cross-platform Art Editor.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic Art Editor with several years of consumer magazine and editorial experience.
You will be an essential part of the art team, supporting the Art Director to oversee both Vanity Fair and Tatler magazines promotional print and digital content and twelve annual magazine supplements.
The Art Editor will be responsible for everything from concepts and overseeing projects to day-to-day design and execution.
We are looking for someone who is brimming with ideas and has a passion for design and all things Vanity Fair and Tatler, and who can deliver high-quality, eye-catchingly creative work in a pressurised environment; the candidate must also be articulate, self-motivated and able to manage magazine projects independently.
A thorough knowledge of Adobe CS (InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop) is essential and experience of Adobe After Effects and Premier Pro is advantageous.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To support the Art Director in all design and art desk duties, from checking proofs to liaising with production department
- To design the magazine’s supplement and promotional pages, working alongside our editors and sub-editors
- To create innovative concepts for both photography and video shoots, sourcing and commissioning photographers, stylists and illustrators
- Executing print and digital advertising and marketing material including traffic drivers, eye-catching social posts,
- digital outdoor billboards and E-newsletters
- To maintain design standards across Vanity Fair and Tatler and ensure that production deadlines are met
- Must be willing to step up and attend and art direct print and video shoots when required.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Have a deep understanding of the Vanity Fair and Tatler brands.
- Demonstrate previous experience working on a leading publishing brand as a hands-on Art Editor
- A portfolio that is full of creative ideas and beautifully executed projects
- Excellent knowledge of magazine design, photography and typography as well as a passion for the industry
- Extremely well organised with the ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously
- Degree-level education is preferable.
Click 'APPLY' now.