Assistant Managing Editor, Barron's - NY
Barron's is looking for an Assistant Managing Editor to drive the impact and audience growth of Barron's journalism every day.
The successful candidate will be a digitally savvy editor and audience strategist who is self-starting and nimble at juggling multiple projects and priorities.
She or he will be passionate about and experienced in digital best practices for news publishing and promotion. He or she will be knowledgeable about financial markets, stocks, and investing.
She or he will have a proven record of success within a digital newsroom, including working collaboratively with reporters and editors and across departments. He or she will enjoy getting their hands on copy and editing stories every day.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Drive daily optimization of digital publishing.
- Develop and implement strategies for audience growth across multiple platforms.
- Manage daily partnerships, including pitching to growing audience platforms.
- Oversee digitally optimized publishing of major franchises, projects and cover stories.
- Edit and publish stories.
Ideal minimum qualifications:
- At least 7 years experience in a digital newsroom, including 5 as an audience editor or news editor.
- Detailed knowledge of SEO, including keyword research and content outlines, and SEO editing.
- Detailed knowledge of multiple audience platforms, including Flipboard, Apple News, and more.
- Experience editing a diverse mix of stories.
- Experience working with both internal and external publishing partners and platforms.
- Experience publishing stories on social platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Experience collaborating with product managers.
- Experience building and managing newsletters.
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).