CGTN, Assignment Editor
A superb opportunity to join a growing news network to manage its assignment desk.
CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its six TV channels – English, Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian and Documentary, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN Europe is a fresh multimedia news channel from a modern, purpose-built newsroom in London’s Chiswick Business Park.
It will join the other regional CGTN hubs in Beijing, Nairobi and Washington DC in helping the network to set the news agenda across the UK and Europe, by broadcasting and publishing award-winning news and current affairs content that will provide a fresh take on European political, economic, social and cultural affairs.
We are now seeking an Assignment Editor to join the new team in London.
- Monitor wires, social media and other broadcast networks for breaking stories and news developments, and confirm facts - utilizing agencies, official and other sources.
- Assigning and despatching correspondents and field camera operators to cover breaking news and developing stories, working closely with satellite operation teams.
- Compile editorial and logistical information for internal distribution to producers and news crews, while coordinating with international desks within the network to develop daily news coverage
- Planning original and agenda-setting journalism across Europe
With significant experience in international newsrooms, you will demonstrate strong editorial and logistical skills working with journalists, camera crews and producers.
You will also:
- Possess a strong understanding of newsgathering technologies and transmission facilities.
- Have a good knowledge of global current affairs and business news, plus various state agencies and departments across Europe.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to prioritise and multi-task within breaking news scenarios.
- Bring a creative flair to deliver original newsgathering.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please apply by completing the application form below.