CGTN, Studio Production System Engineer
A fantastic opportunity to challenge yourself and ensure the successful technical operation of this global news network.
CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its six TV channels – English, Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian and Documentary, and its digital media platforms were launched on December 31, 2016.
CGTN Europe is a fresh multimedia news channel from a modern, purpose-built newsroom in London’s Chiswick Business Park.
It will join the other regional CGTN hubs in Beijing, Nairobi and Washington DC in helping the network to set the news agenda across the UK and Europe, by broadcasting and publishing award-winning news and current affairs content that will provide a fresh take on European political, economic, social and cultural affairs.
We are now seeking a Studio Production System Engineer to join the new team in London.
- Be one of the go-to technical experts, responsible for routine maintenance and troubleshooting of studio technology systems and equipment.
- Offer technical support during studio live broadcasting or recording periods,
- Communicate with programmers and developing technical solutions.
With extensive technical experience in television studios, you will demonstrate a track record in identifying technical issues and solving accurately and promptly.
You will also:
- Demonstrate familiarity with studio technology systems and equipment, including AV systems, intercom systems, sync systems, timing systems, etc.
- Express an understanding of studio automation and related control systems.
- Have an awareness of the production and broadcast processes involved in news programming.
- Thrive under pressure, especially with a “start-up” broadcast centre environment.
If your skills & experience fit the above requirements and you would like to take the next step, please apply by completing the application form below.