Publisher Success Manager
A leading educational technology company and distributor of online textbooks has an opening for a Publisher Success Manager to join their Customer Success team. This is a fantastic role for a customer focussed and commercially minded account or project manager. This role is based in Buckinghamshire, a short and easy commute from London.
Publisher Success Manager Key duties:
- Act as the central day-to-day point of communication between the publisher and company
- Ensure all aspects of the publisher engagement and contractual obligations are executed successfully to ensure successful onboarding
- Evaluate and monitor the overall health and happiness of the publisher, and share this information and customer insights with internal stakeholders
- Provide opportunity leads to the sales team
- Identify processes that need to be changed or developed to meet publisher needs
- Grow existing publisher business
- Manage marketing to existing publishers to increase product awareness and revenue
- Provide customer training on products
- Partner with internal stakeholders to collaborate on the strategy for areas of revenue growth with existing publishers
Publisher Success Manager Experience / skills required:
- Account or customer management experience, ideally in a publishing setting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong Project Management and Account Management experience
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Stephanie Hall
Tel: 0203 574 4422
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your CV on file for any future relevant opportunities.