Daily Mirror, Express & Star, Social Media Editor
Reach Nationals are looking for a talented Social Media Editor to join their London-based editorial team.
This role will be embedded in the heart of Reach PLC's new social vision, working as part of a fantastic team across three big national brands (Daily Mirror, Daily Star & Daily Express) to guide the editorial decisions of journalists and editors in the wider newsrooms.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country.
We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5.8 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8.1 billion page views per year.
We average 21.5 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Pitch stories informed by what is engaging well on social media platforms
- Edit and post stories and videos on social pages
- Oversee successful implementation of social media strategies
- Forward plan social media content and coverage
- Create best practice documentation
- Cover live events and breaking news on social media
- Monitor the competitive landscape to identify trends - and communicate findings
- Disseminate knowledge and best practice across the business, but particularly in the newsroom
- Work in team managing the brand's social media feeds and messages
- Help to ensure each brand's content is getting maximum referrals from social media
- Assist with product testing of new social media developments
- Monitor social media analytics, and produce regular reports
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have proven experience in a digital newsroom
- Will have at least three year's professional experience working with social media
- Will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Will be a fast, but accurate, worker with excellent web and social skills
- Will have in-depth knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media platforms
- This job involves shift work, including evenings and weekends. Hours will vary, but candidates must be flexible
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer.
These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts!
Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people.
This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application - click 'APPLY' now.