Pharma Intelligence, Custom Content Writer
Pharma Intelligence’s Insight business is looking for a writer to support our growing marketing solutions content.
The marketing solutions writer will be responsible for creating client-sponsored content in line with editorial standards.
The writer will liaise closely with the editor and commercial teams developing topical themes that can be pitched to potential clients or creating solutions that meet customer needs while being closely aligned to our editorial focus and quality standards.
The type of person we’re looking for:
Enthusiastic, ability to deliver multiple projects running in parallel to tight deadlines. Balancing Editorial vs Client priorities. Strong eye for detail. Commercial acumen. Identifies commercial and editorial opportunities.
In a typical week you would be:
- Writing / developing high-quality content in the form of articles, white papers, reports and eBooks etc.
- Proofing, editing and reviewing content
- Representing the editorial team on internal and client calls
- Supporting the commercial team by recommending topics for proposals
- Responsible for commercially-driven editorial projects from pre-contract through to final delivery of the content, liaising closely with clients and the marketing solutions team to ensure contract objectives are met or exceeded
- Cross-functional collaboration to support delivery of an effective and efficient marketing solutions strategy and editorial plan to meet business objectives
- Maintain editorial governance to ensure content is consistent with the brand voice, style and tone of our products
- Work closely with the relevant editorial teams to ensure that marketing solutions content aligns with core product focus and target audience
- Develop client content briefs and write audience-appropriate content
- Manage editorial resources as required
- Edit copy into content that is engaging for the target audience and enticing and informative to non-target readers
- Provide constructive feedback to both in-house and freelance writers to ensure accuracy and maintenance of high editorial standards
- In collaboration with the Head of Publication Design team manage creative resources to ensure sponsored content is delivered as required
- Be prepared to use different media channels, where appropriate, including moderating webinars, video and editing audio podcasts, as well as social media opportunities
- Panel acquisition for in-person events (eg roundtables and panels)
- Support the research team with survey development by providing editorial input on key themes, barriers and opportunities
- Assist the marketing solutions team in client pitches or helping clients develop their messages so that they are appropriate for our publications (Scrip, Pink Sheet, In Vivo, HBW Insight, Generics Bulletin Medtech Insight, Chemist & Druggist)
- Develop and manage, with input from manager and rest of marketing solutions team, an editorial calendar and organization workflows.
- Identify and propose potential marketing solutions offerings – both subject and potential sponsors
- Support marketing teams to generate copy that drives engagement and lead generation
What we offer:
- The chance to join a cross-functional team driving high growth in our marketing solutions offerings
- 25 days of paid annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Company pension contributions
- Volunteering opportunities
- Annual travel loan
- Competitive benefits package
- As a FTSE 100 company delivering events, intelligence and research to specialists across multiple sectors worldwide, Informa offers excellent opportunities for career development. The company employs more than 11,000 people in more than 30 countries.
- A supportive, diverse and inclusive environment: Informa’s approach to working conditions has been recognised by the UK Top Employers Institute, which has accredited the company as a Top Employer
- Ability to participate in cross-functional teams and maintain communication with colleagues and senior managers on work in progress, including daily use of workflow tracking tools
- Good knowledge of the pharma and medtech industries with a network of potential key sponsors
- Awareness of key industry bottlenecks, challenges and opportunities
- Good interpersonal skills with emphasis on the ability to gain cooperation of others
- Able to cope with unexpected scheduling
- Strong commercial acumen and drive to ensure revenue grows in line with business expectations
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the pharma and/or medtech industry – including the companies, dynamics (commercial, financial, regulatory and market access) and trends that shape the industry.
- Be able to research and generate content or ideas across various subjects – such as commercial (investment, R&D, M&A, financials), market developments and regulation and policy
- A good network of contacts in the pharma/medtech industry (manufacturers, regulatory bodies, consultants and lawyers).
- Ability to interpret, understand and analyse datasets, to identify trends and gaps in datasets to draw conclusions.
- Ability to use social media tools to promote editorial content
- Works with multimedia content and able to quickly spot opportunities when this would add value for clients.
- Good presentation and panel moderation skills for conferences.
- Ability to adhere to overlapping deadlines and juggle the numerous tasks required to get content in the hands of customers and manage client expectations.
Required Education / Experience:
- Writing/Journalism skills and knowledge to include: understanding complex scientific, regulatory and/or commercial issues, writing about them clearly and convincingly, exercising editorial judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree with focus on journalism and/or sciences, science policy or equivalent career experience.
- Established experience of creating/managing delivery of sponsored content for pharma/medtech markets.
Please complete the application form below, including your CV and cover letter.