The Telegraph, Deputy Digital Sports Editor
1 day left
- Full Time
As a senior member of The Telegraph’s Sport department, you will be responsible for helping to lead our team of digital production journalists and writers, shaping content and commissioning on a daily basis.
You will be expected to take a leading role in contributing to our subscription strategy, and ensuring we reach our targets for new subscribers to the Telegraph.
There will also be an emphasis on SEO and growing our audience on all platforms, including social media, as well as using analytics to guide our commissioning process.
- Assisting Digital Sports Editor in running The Telegraph’s digital platforms.
- Contributing to overall subscription strategy and growing number of subscribers and registered users to Telegraph Sport.
- Leading idea generation for content and developing creative ways to cover sport stories.
- Taking charge of website in absence of Digital Sports Editor.
- Commissioning work from writers based inside and outside of the office.
- Assisting in the management of a team of production journalists who create and publish written work, run social media accounts, and deliver our live coverage.
- Growing our audience and increasing engagement with our digital platforms.
- Generating high-quality solutions to presenting content online – particularly around visuals, graphics and video.
- Developing longer-term strategies for our digital development.
Essential skills required for the role:
- Experience of leadership within a fast-moving editorially-driven sport department, including managing a team, and confidence in liaising with writers.
- A limitless well of bright ideas, and willingness to try new approaches which will help to shape the tone and type of our coverage in future.
- Strong news sense and judgement.
- Experience in digital publishing at a high level, with particular emphasis on strong visuals.
- Able to respond well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Broad knowledge of a wide variety of sport, particularly football, rugby union and cricket.
- Understanding of social media, SEO and data.
Additional skills useful for the role:
- Experience with analytics tools and using them to give insight.
- Knowledge of subscription models, both in journalism and elsewhere.
- Interest in specialist sports which may help us to broaden our coverage.
- Video editing.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
Click 'APPLY' now.