New! Magazine, Picture Editor
Our team at New! Magazine has an opening for a well-connected and highly experienced Picture Editor.
Managing a team of two, you will be responsible for researching photos to support celebrity news stories and features, planning and executing photo shoots and liaising with photo agencies to secure exclusive images.
This is a fantastic position for the right candidate. We will be reviewing applications as soon as possible, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our news brands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country.
We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national news brands including the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5.8 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8.1 billion page views per year.
We average 21.5 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Generating fresh ideas for picture led features in the magazine
- Sourcing and editing the relevant images for celebrity news stories and features
- Keeping up-to-date with all things celebrity via newspapers, websites and rival magazines
- Working closely with the editors, writers, art and subs teams
- Liaising with photo agencies to secure exclusive images
- Negotiating deals for expensive images on a daily basis
- Organising and producing photo shoots
- Managing a team
- Managing a weekly budget
The Ideal Candidate:
- At least seven years' experience working at a newspaper, photo agency, magazine or online
- Great relationships with photo agencies and photographers
- A solid legal understanding of image usage rights, including obtaining images from social media
- The ability to successfully organise and direct a celebrity photo shoot, producing new and fresh shoot concepts
- A book full of contacts including agencies, paparazzi, photographers, stylists and hair and make-up artists
- Sound knowledge of Photoshop, Fotostation, CHP and Content Watch
- A genuine interest in celebrities, reality TV shows and fashion
- Strong understanding of copyright, content licensing laws and IP rights associated with digital assets
- Be up-to-date with the IPSO code
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required
In addition to competitive salaries, 20 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer.
These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts!
Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application - click 'APPLY' now.