World of Cruising & Cruise Trade News, Digital Content Intern
The digital editions of leading UK cruise and travel magazines, World of Cruising (B2C) and Cruise Trade News (B2B), are looking for a digital content intern to join the team.
Job Description & Requirements:
We're looking for a digital content intern for an initial one-month contract, with the possibility of this being extended.
We want someone with a good grasp of language, spelling and grammar with experience using content management systems, strong understanding of producing SEO-optimised content for the web and good social media skills.
If that sounds like something you’d be interested in, please send us your CV and samples of your recent stories. This is a full-time contract position, based in our North London office.
About the role:
Your duties would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Uploading daily news stories and features to the two websites, ensuring they are SEO-optimised and to a high standard to help drive traffic
- Writing news stories, features and other editorial content for the two websites on a daily basis
- Contributing content for our weekly email newsletters
- Monitoring our social media platforms on a daily basis, responding to comments and queries
- To create engaging social media posts across LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter when required.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9 to 5.30pm.
The successful applicant will:
- Have demonstrated a passion for journalism and interest in the travel/cruise industry
- Strong SEO skills and proven experience using content management systems, including Wordpress
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Hootsuite and the email marketing industry
- Ability to write to set deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be a diverse writer just as capable of writing extended features as they are writing short news stories
- Be a persistent, enthusiastic worker who is prepared to go the extra mile and takes thorough care over their work.
To be considered for this role, please complete the application form below to send us an updated CV and cover letter.