The Sun, Digital Night Production Editor - Online
The Sun Online, News Website of The Year 2018, is the biggest mobile news brand in the UK - and still growing! - with a talented, diverse team who publish the best coverage of news, sport, TV and showbiz, lifestyle and family value.
Purpose of role:
To work as a key member of The Sun Online’s evening operation, publishing stories throughout the evening to the same standard as the daytime operation, helping to build the audience of thesun.co.uk.
- Work under the Digital Night Editor and deputies helping to manage both the building and presentation of newspaper stories and live publishing throughout the night.
- Step up to the role of Deputy Night Editor across the rota and for holiday cover as required.
- Brief the team on which stories to build and how to present them, ensuring they are done as quickly as possible then checking and polishing.
- Provide feedback to team about mistakes made and how to improve their quality of work.
- Help to train and develop the team.
- Edit the homepage as required.
- Working on a rota across 7 days.
- Fully aware of legal issues and the IPSO Editors’ Code of Practice.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of production in a publishing environment.
- Deep understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital.
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard.
- Pro-active and displays a willingness to take on any task.
- Always takes initiative in order to achieve desired results.
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
Click 'APPLY' now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.