Weight Watchers, Senior Sub-Editor
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Sub-Editor to join our expanding company in our lovely Marble Arch office. You will join our Weight Watchers team working on the UK magazine.
- Line management of junior sub
- Ensuring that proofs are factually and grammatically correct.
- Set and maintain the magazine house style and work closely with the Editor to ensure the magazine adheres to brand guidelines.
- Overseeing copy flow between the departments and ensuring schedules are adhered to via weekly meetings and liaison with heads of department.
- Working on layouts before handing first proofs to editors for internal sign off.
- Providing gold standard scientific back up for any health, nutrition and wellbeing claims made in features. Compiling these sources, which requires us to be able to find and understand complex scientific research to support features.
- Handling client sign off of first proofs.
- Sending features to the appropriate client contacts for first stage sign off, making their changes as appropriate and finally uploading them for final sign off.
- Internally liaise with the features and the art department while working on proofs.
- Internally liaise with the promotions team on competitions and offers.
- Work closely with the Production Manager at repro stage and when creating schedules.
- Work with the advertising sales team on advertorials and promotions.
- Dealing with queries from dieticians and nutritionists.
- Must have current sub-editing experience as a Production Editor, Chief Sub-Editor or Deputy Chief Sub-Editor
- Must have prior experience working across consumer magazines, within food ideally or women’s health, fitness or lifestyle
- Anyone that has experience working within a content marketing agency will have a definite edge
Our Amazing Company
We are The River Group, the UK’s award winning & leading independent content marketing agency.
We produce omnichannel content for the likes of Holland & Barrett International, Co-op, Superdrug, Weight Watchers International, Cunard and Ramblers.
We’re based in a bright, open planned office near Marble Arch tube. We have two private gardens, which are amazing over summer! We have our own office dog, we practice yoga and jog in Hyde Park, often pop down to the pub and offer flexible working hours!
25 days holiday, pension, day off for your birthday, Perkbox scheme
9.00 to 5.30 (Mon to Thu) 9.30 to 4.00 (Fri)
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Weight Watchers, Senior Sub-Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly