OK! Magazine, Senior Picture Researcher - Maternity Cover | Part Time
OK! Magazine has an opening available within its Picture Research department. We are looking a Senior Picture Researcher on a part time, maternity cover role, working 3 days a week.
We are looking to recruit a candidate who has previously had some exposure to working within similar positions.
Working closely with our Art desk and Editorial teams, the role will see the successful candidates researching archive material to illustrate regular features amongst other duties.
Based in our Lower Thames street office, this role offers a fantastic opportunity to join our brilliant team.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country.
We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazine and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5.8 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8.1 billion page views per year.
- Work closely with the Art Desk, Editorial and Online teams
- Researching archive material to illustrate regular features
- Negotiate rights and fees for editorial content, with a view to keeping costs down and report fees to accounts.
- Looking after the picture desk admin, for example liaising with the archive team and accounts.
- Some flexibility may be required for deadline as stories develop
The Ideal Candidate:
- We are ideally looking for a candidate who has 6 - 12 months experience of working on a picture desk previously.
- A good working knowledge of photography, while not essential, would be a significant advantage.
- A thorough understanding of transferring, storing and managing image files in various formats is essential.
In addition to competitive salaries and annual leave entitlement, and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer.
These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts!
Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people.
This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application - click 'APPLY' now.