Express.co.uk, Automotive Reporter
Our team at Express.co.uk has an fantastic opportunity for a true petrol head journalist to join our team as a Automotive Reporter. If you can easily compare an Aston Martin AM-RB 003 against the new Lamborghini Huracan EVO Spyder, this might just be your ideal role.
Working closely with our Lifestyle Editor you will be responsible for producing breaking cars and motoring coverage for Express.co.uk.
We are looking for a reporter who is able to create well researched, engaging and exclusive features which will contribute to increasing our online audience.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful candidate will be required to require working some weekends and evenings.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country.
We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5.8 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8.1 billion page views per year.
We average 21.5 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Write exciting, well-researched articles, breaking news and ground-breaking exclusive features.
- Ensure SEO best practice is followed to drive traffic to the section.
- Work with the Social Media team to write shareable content and ensure it is distributed effectively.
- Complete all tasks accurately within deadline and in line with budget requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
Required critical behaviours:
- Ability to write copy quickly and accurately, while explaining technical subjects in a simple way.
- Knowledge and understanding of IPSO and legal requirements of a national title.
Sound judgement and initiative, with ability to make critical decisions in a high-pressured environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Required key skills:
- A skilled writer with a strong understanding of news reporting and story structure.
- A demonstrable understanding of SEO.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively, with excellent diary management
Required qualifications / experience:
- Previous experience writing cars & motoring content in a fast-paced digital newsroom.
- An excellent contacts book.
- NCTJ Diploma or equivalent.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer.
These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts!
Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people.
This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application - click 'APPLY' now.