The Morning Advertiser, Reporter
The Morning Advertiser is looking for a smart, driven and curious reporter to bring our readers the most interesting news, as well as blogs, features, profiles and video content, on one of the most exciting parts of the hospitality sector.
You will be hungry for news and have great attention to detail, with a drive to bring our readers the most interesting news from the industry.
Reporters on The Morning Advertiser are also some of the first to experience new launches in the hospitality trade, and often travel the UK and Europe, tasting beers, wines, spirits and various cuisines as part of their role.
Each day is different; one day you will find yourself eating at a Michelin-starred pub or drinking cocktails in a swanky bar, while the next day you could be breaking news about the latest merger, acquisition or legal issue within the trade.
Our readers are thirsty for the latest news and insight about all aspects of the pub trade, from food and drink to health and safety, money, legal matters and much more.
As well as writing for the magazine and morningadvertiser.co.uk, you will attend events organised by the brand, including Top 50 Gastropubs and Top 50 Cocktails Bars, the Publican Awards and the Great British Pub Awards.
What we’re looking for:
- A love of food and drink is a bonus, as is knowledge of hospitality, but what we want most is someone with a passion for great journalism, including
- A demonstrable nose for news
- The ability to tell stories and convey information compellingly and succinctly
- Ambition and the desire to succeed and progress
- The ability to engage and network with senior level contacts
- A range of digital, multimedia skills.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, then we want to hear from you.
To apply please complete the application form below, attach a covering letter explaining why you are right for the job and a copy of your CV.