The Telegraph, Pensions Reporter
The Telegraph’s personal finance team is central to our subscription strategy, and is hugely popular among our most engaged, paying digital readers.
The Pensions Reporter will be responsible for producing engaging personal finance journalism with a pensions and retirement focus for multiple channels, primarily digital and print.
You'll join a smart, dynamic team of colleagues setting the agenda for personal finance journalism.
- Primarily responsible for writing news and features for telegraph.co.uk/money, Money in the Daily Telegraph and Money in the Sunday Telegraph
- Writing in a range of formats including news, analysis, expert advice, guides, explainers and case studies (such as money makeovers)
- Developing original and compelling ideas and creative ways to present them – which could include graphics, calculators, video, polls etc
- Monitoring reader correspondence via email, story comments, post and social – and use this to spot great stories and generate ideas
- Monitoring analytics, again to help inform ideas and successful formats
- Spotting stories or digital projects from raw numbers
- Working collaboratively with colleagues on other desks where appropriate
- Fast and accurate filing of stories
- Responsible for helping to maximise digital traffic through concise and engaging storytelling
With expertise in pensions, you’ll also:
- Write pensions news, features and analysis that aim to help our well-informed readership make their own decisions about their retirement savings. It is crucial to be able to turn complex jargon and concepts into plain English
- Have a grasp of the sector, with a strong contacts book, an understanding of the major issues and knowledge of where to go for stories and inside scoops from the industry
Essential skills required for the role:
- Excellent, accurate writing across a range of formats
- Experience of writing and developing stories for digital and print
- An ability to explain and convey complex subjects clearly and comprehensively
- An ability to find new ways to cover the same topics or issues
- A sound network of contacts within pensions and the wider spectrum of personal finance topics including mortgages and property finance, tax, investment, banking and insurance
- Knowledge of relevant data sources
- Enthusiasm, energy and ability to be part of our happy and successful team
- An ability to show initiative and work well under pressure
- An understanding of the Telegraph audience and ideas for how to reach new readers
Additional skills useful for the role:
- Confidence and creativity with headlines, standfirst, pictures, graphics, polls etc
- Experience using InCopy and/or InDesign
- Editing and/or publishing experience
- Experience and interest in podcast and/or video presenting
Click 'APPLY' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.