Thread, Content Writer - Freelance
At Thread, we’re helping people to feel happier and more self-confident by making it easy to dress well.
We do this using a combination of human stylists and powerful machine-learning algorithms to recommend each guy the perfect things just for them – in their size, budget, and style – which they can then buy in one place.
Making it easy to dress well requires helpful, concise, user-first content that demystifies style and answers regular guys’ burning questions about what to wear.
Our goal is to offer advice that’s more inclusive than your average fashion writing and that makes Thread every guy’s go-to for all things style.
We’re looking for a great writer to help us along the way. You’ll be working five days a week at our office in Aldgate interviewing our stylists, writing content for our Ideas feed.
What we’re looking for:
- A great writer with 2-5 years of experience creating concise and compelling copy that people want to read.
- Natural empathy for everyday guys who want to dress well but aren’t into fashion. A portfolio that proves your writing chops and insatiable curiosity.
- From the stories you’ve written, it’s clear you can ask the right questions to get to an understanding of how and why things work – and are able to explain that clearly.
- Availability to work from our offices in Aldgate five days a week.
- Your work will help millions of people to feel happier and more confident about themselves
- The opportunity to become recognised as one of the best in your field through being a core operator for a high-profile startup
- The chance to solve hard problems in a fast growing business, providing an unrivalled opportunity to develop your skillset
- Be part of a values-led team that are working hard to create one of the highest quality cultures in the world. Learn more about how we’re doing this in our culture deck
- Gain first-hand experience of how to start, grow, market and raise funding for startups (perhaps useful for your own company one day)
- Free team lunches four times a week, drinks and snacks together as a company on Fridays, monthly company trips to fun things like comedy shows.
- A competitive salary
If this role sounds exciting to you, please click 'APPLY' now. If you’re unsure, please still get in touch—we welcome applicants from different backgrounds and would love to hear from you.