Yahoo UK, Senior SEO Editor
Verizon Media is seeking a Senior SEO Editor to drive optimisation across all content verticals on Yahoo UK.
With an expert understanding of the principles of SEO, this person will have demonstrable experience optimising websites to drive significant audience from SERPs.
The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive in-house or agency experience, strong news judgement, excellent grammar and communication skills and a working knowledge of key SEO tools.
The Senior SEO Editor will work closely with the Head of Audience, Yahoo UK on strategy for content optimisation and creation, in addition to working internally across teams to identify opportunities to drive search engine users to Yahoo UK.
- Develop and implement SEO strategy alongside Head of Audience
- Optimise Yahoo UK content across all verticals with a focus on growing users from search engines
- Pioneer SEO best practice, giving training to the wider team and communicating feedback on a daily basis
- Pitch content ideas to reporters and editors with the aim of driving users from search engines to site
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with editors and writers to ensure content is being optimised correctly and successfully
- Use data to track SEO performance and trends, producing regular reports to feed back to team
- Work alongside developers and product teams to ensure infrastructure of site is optimal for visibility in SERPs
- Identify and lead initiatives to drive audience to Yahoo UK from search engines
- Collaborate with team to forward plan searchable content and coverage across all verticals
- Help build trust and loyalty on Yahoo UK
- Expert knowledge of SEO principles
- A self-starter with strong editorial judgement and comprehension of media law
- Demonstrable experience in a SEO role, ideally within a newsroom or with a combination of in-house and agency posts
- Experience with data analysis and ability to produce tangible actions from the numbers
- Understanding of key metrics like impressions, CTR, ranking
- Demonstrated track record of developing audience from search engines
- Familiarity with SEO and analytics software e.g. Google Search Console, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Hitwise
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient multi-tasker who can accomplish responsibilities on a timeline
- Highly organised and collaborative, able to work effectively on a cross-functional team
- Willing to work flexible hours including some evenings and occasional weekends
- An interest in two or more of the following areas: news, sports, finance, entertainment, lifestyle
- Experience working in a newsroom or for an online publisher
- Comfortable building external relationships within the news industry
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Yahoo UK, Senior SEO Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly