Yahoo UK, Senior Social Media Editor
Verizon Media is seeking a Senior Social Media Editor to manage the social presence and content distribution for articles published on Yahoo UK.
With an understanding of social management and tactics for social distribution, this person will be an expert at managing content across a range of social media platforms and pages.
The ideal candidate for this role will have strong news, lifestyle, sport, finance and entertainment judgement when it comes to positioning on social media, strong grammar and communication skills, and an expert understanding of how all main social media platforms work.
The Senior Social Media Editor will work closely with the Head of Audience, Yahoo UK on strategy for content distribution, in addition to working internally across teams to identify and promote the best stories and video content being created by our editors.
- Develop and implement social strategy alongside Head of Audience
- Optimise and distribute Yahoo UK content on all platforms with a focus on growing audience on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Manage content publication on all social channels belonging to Yahoo UK, taking responsibility for posting and scheduling
- Pioneer social best practice, giving training to the wider team and communicating feedback on a daily basis
- Pitch stories to reporters and editors with the aim of driving users from social to site
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with editors to ensure the highest performing content is being distributed correctly and successfully
- Use data to track social performance and trends, producing regular reports to feed back to team
- Build trust and loyalty on Yahoo UK social channels
- Identify potential new distribution tactics and management strategies for social, locate new social audiences and lead initiatives to drive them to Yahoo UK
- Innovate with style and format of posting on social media platforms to drive maximum audience engagement and revenue growth
- Collaborate with team to forward plan social content and coverage across all verticals
- Expert knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other social platforms, including how to spot trends and optimise articles/video to drive maximum engagement
- A self-starter with strong editorial judgement and comprehension of media law
- Demonstrable experience in a social media role, ideally within a newsroom
- Experience with data analysis and ability to produce tangible actions from the numbers
- Understanding of key social metrics like CTR, reach, engagement
- Demonstrated track record of developing audience through social networks
- Familiarity with social publishing and analytics software e.g. SocialFlow, Crowdtangle, Buzzsumo, Tweetdeck
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of social revenue opportunities and experience implementing a monetisation strategy
- Proficient multi-tasker who can accomplish responsibilities on a timeline
- Highly organised and collaborative, able to work effectively on a cross-functional team
- Willing to work flexible hours including some evenings and occasional weekends
- An interest and experience in two or more of the following areas: news, sports, finance, entertainment, lifestyle
- Experience producing and promoting social video
- Comfortable building external relationships within the news industry
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Yahoo UK, Senior Social Media Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly