Yahoo UK, TV + Celebrity Reporter
Yahoo UK is seeking a TV + Celebrity Reporter.
You will be focused on creating exciting content around the biggest trends in UK television and celebrity. The right candidate will be equally comfortable covering a major breaking news story, or interviewing a A-list star.
The person will be a first-class journalist, preferably NCTJ-trained, obsessed with all forms of television from daytime talk shows to premium Netflix box sets.
You will be creatively minded, meticulously detailed, have a strong eye for trending content and a good grasp of social media.
This is a full-time, in-office contracted position in our London office.
- Find, write, and develop stories with strong headlines, great pictures and engaging video for our TV + Celebrity section.
- Work closely with social and SEO to ensure we are writing the stories people want to read.
- Break exclusives to ensure Yahoo stays a step ahead.
- Interview stars, attend showbiz events, and build contacts.
- Manage a detailed TV calendar
- Cover a variety of TV shows live
- Monitoring social media and on-site analytics in order to help inform editorial strategy.
- Experience at a national or major regional title.
- First rate communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A proven love of TV - with genuine enthusiasm for the next big show.
- Experience of CMS and social media platforms.
- Competent Photoshop skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working across multiple stories.
- A flexible approach
Apply by completing the application form below.