The Telegraph, Economics Correspondent
7 days left
- Full Time
This role requires an experienced economics reporter working to deliver exclusive news and in-depth analysis across both print and digital platforms.
The principal focus of this role will be on macro-economic news and trends, including currency fluctuations, in the UK, the Eurozone and globally.
- Delivering agenda setting economic news and analysis, reporting on breaking stories, including currencies and data.
- Writing engaging features and in-depth explainers - particularly for a digital audience.
- Ensuring fast and accurate filing of stories.
- Developing contacts with key policymakers and economists.
- Responsible for helping to maximize digital subscriptions through concise and interesting storytelling.
Essential skills required for the role:
- Demonstrable knowledge of economics and experience of covering economics and/or business at a national media level.
- Highly numerically literate - able to spot stories from raw data.
- Demonstrable proof of the ability to tell stories in a concise but interesting way.
- Digitally savvy - understanding of digital storytelling, visualising data in charts and graphics.
- Understanding of how to engage audience via social media.
Additional skills useful for the role:
- Ability to generate regular off-story ideas for news and features.
Click 'APPLY' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.