PinkNews, Junior Producer - Snapchat
PinkNews, the world’s most read and watched LGBT+ publication, is seeking a talented Junior Producer to join our team and pitch, shoot and edit original content for all of PinkNews’ platforms.
Working closely with the Snapchat Editor, the Junior Producer will work collaboratively across the content team to ensure we are producing exciting and engaging video, written and branded content for a global audience.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with a wealth of creative flair and enthusiasm — not only will you have the latest editing software skills, you will be adept at shooting content, creating a narrative and editing.
- Pitch original story ideas, both written and visual
- Film and edit original video content for multiple social media platforms — Snapchat, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram
- Write articles for Snapchat and the website
- Develop a strong understanding of analytics
- Ensure content meets editorial, ethical and legal standards
- Deliver original, high-quality and accurate multimedia content to tight daily deadlines
- Build a network of relationships with organisations, social media influencers and PRs
- Act as an editorial point of contact for third party partners
- Work with the video team on an ad hoc basis to cover PinkNews events and other commercial projects
- Keen news sense and interest in the LGBT+ community
- Understanding of PinkNews’ platforms, with a focus on Snapchat
- Understanding of how online video works
- Creative approach to visual storytelling
- Strong self-shooter with a well-developed understanding of composition, lighting, audio, narrative
- Willingness to work a flexible shift, including evenings and weekends where necessary
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Belief in equality for all
Skills and experience
- NCTJ or BJTC qualification (preferable)
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe Photoshop skills (preferable)
- Adobe After Effects skills (preferable)
- Sound knowledge of media law
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Competitive salary
- 30 days’ annual leave
- Pension contributions
- Great development opportunities
- Fun, hardworking, social team environment
- Please send your CV, cover letter and showreel or examples of self-produced video content by completing the application form below.
- PinkNews is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work.