Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty, Regional Head of Marketing & Communications (London)
Job Purpose / Role
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) works with many of the largest international businesses, as well as many specialist SMEs, to protect them against the full spectrum of risk – from natural catastrophes, fires and explosions to cyber attacks or aviation or shipping accidents.
As a global specialist insurer, our clients rely on us when it matters most, which is why our brand and reputation are everything to us.
As the Head of Marketing & Communications for UK, Nordic and Middle East, you will be part of a global team tasked with the full spectrum of marcomms activities, from media relations and internal communications to marketing, digital and social, brand management, events and more.
You’ll work closely with your local CEO and leadership team, as well as with the Global Communications team across AGCS, to protect and enhance AGCS’ reputation as well as to engage and inform colleagues in a fast-changing and highly competitive market.
Across the region, you will.....
- Lead media relations with mainstream and trade/vertical media, including positioning AGCS as thought leaders to target audiences
- Lead internal communications including employee engagement activities and change communications
- Lead marketing activities including planning and delivering business unit support, local sponsorship and events
- Lead a small team of specialists, and partner with our Global Communications team on global projects
Key Requirements / Skills / Experience
- This is a senior level marketing/ communications role, which demands a high level of practical experience and strategic awareness, as well as being a close counsellor to the executive leadership team and part of the Global Communications team.
- You’ll be able to show a strong corporate marketing/communications track record (probably 10+ years) with hands-on experience of media relations, digital and internal communications, and practical marcomms, ideally in a multi-country environment/global organisation, including working with senior managers.
- Ideally you’ll have a services or B2B background, perhaps in a knowledge-based industry. Experience of insurance isn’t essential, although this would be beneficial.
- You’ll definitely need a solid strategic orientation and understanding of the commercial business environment, as well as the ability to build effective relationships and understand your stakeholders.
- You’ll also have strong team ethic and sense of humour, and be prepared to roll your sleeves up in this very hands-on role. Journalistic, research and storytelling skills are essential, as is the ability to work accurately to tight deadlines.
Apply by completing the application form below.