The Telegraph, Technology Correspondent
6 days left
- Full Time
The Technology Correspondent will deliver agenda setting news stories, analysis and features on the business of technology, as part of the wider London-based Technology Intelligence team.
The role will particularly focus on the UK tech scene and British start ups, but knowledge of the global industry is imperative.
- Generating and writing news stories, features and analysis across digital and print, with a focus on the business of technology. (This is not a consumer role.)
- You will work to tight deadlines to deliver exclusive, agenda setting journalism including investigations - with a particular focus on the UK tech industry and start ups.
- You will be expected to cover Britain’s biggest tech companies and key players, have boardroom contacts and secure the big name interviews.
- Use excellent visual storytelling ideas and skills to present your content in the best way digitally.
- You will be across the broader news agenda, have ideas on how to take stories on and generally how to improve the quality of the Telegraph’s coverage of the business of technology.
- You will work with the homepage, social media and SEO teams to help promote the technology team’s digital output.
- Commissioning, editing and publishing content in the absence Technology Editor and Technology News Editor.
Essential skills required for the role
- Proven experience of technology and/or business journalism, and an ambition to establish yourself as one of the country’s leading tech journalists.
- Proven experience breaking exclusive tech-focused stories at a newspaper, news wire, specialist publication or digital environment.
- Finely tuned journalistic instincts that mean you can spot a story from a long way off and know how to create vivid and compelling journalism out of a dense subject.
- Experience of planning and producing agenda-setting content across all platforms.
- Familiar with new technology and its effects on businesses and society.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the different types of digital storytelling.
Additional skills useful for the role
- Previous experience running and managing investigations.
- A strong visual sense and the ability to use video and graphics as well as pictures.
- High level of numerical literacy, with the ability to turn raw data into a concise news story.
Click 'APPLY' now.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.