Money Marketing & Mortgage Strategy, Art Editor
The job holder is responsible for the overall artwork of Money Marketing & Mortgage Strategy, including all associated supplements.
- Laying out editorial pages for magazines and discussing design and layout ideas with editor and Production Editor.
- Understanding requirements and briefs and drafting page designs from discussion to producing the final designed page.
- Creating graphs and charts for both print and digital use.
- Maintaining style of magazines, staying within brand – but also ensuring the overall visual style is captivating for the readers.
- Sourcing and creating images for publications and ensuring they are web compatible.
- Selecting, formatting and uploading pictures to websites when required.
- Commissioning photographers and illustrators as necessary and keeping to editorial budgets.
- Working with Production Editor, Head of Production, Editorial Team, Digital Ops Team and Commercial Teams on any redesign aspects of either print or website.
- Maintaining the Picture Library.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with editorial and sales teams.
- Working with Head of Production on other brands’ design needs.
- Developing relationships with photographers and illustrators
- Commissioning covers and negotiating rates with photographers and illustrators.
- Assisting editorial teams on picture sourcing for online news stories.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrable art editor/designer experience on a weekly or monthly publication.
- Experience of working under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Packages: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro.
- Strong Communication skills.
- A Good Team Collaborator.
- Keeping up with design packages and current trends and applying them to day to day work.
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (eg WordPress).
- Knowledge of creating digital interactive graphs and charts (Infogram).
- Contacts (illustrators/photographers).
- Knowledge of Ad production.
- All print publications are released to printers to set deadlines comfortably and smoothly.
- Achievement and maintenance of consistently high design and production values across allocated brands, both in print and digital.
- Speed and Accuracy
- Team Player
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to Nita Patel by completing the application form below.
We’re committed to Emap being a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
They include 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell), health plan and life insurance cover, Cycle 2 Work scheme, discounted gym memberships, retail discount vouchers and much more!
EMAP is a member of the Metropolis Group.
Metropolis Group respects the privacy of every person for whom we have personal data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
Apply for Money Marketing & Mortgage Strategy, Art Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly