Muddy Stilettos, Acting Editor - Bucks / Oxon
Muddy Stilettos, the UK’s biggest lifestyle site for fun-loving, cosmopolitan women outside London, is looking for a talented Acting Editor to join the team. This is an incredible opportunity to become part of this ambitious, fast-growing media company.
Under one brand with a single editor-in-chief, Muddy Stilettos is a network of national journalists across 21 counties helping these smart, savvy readers make more of their precious time.
As Acting Editor of Muddy Bucks/Oxon you will play a vital role in driving readership across the flagship Muddy Stilettos site, working under the brand’s award-winning Editor-In-Chief Hero Brown.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing the day-to-day responsibilities at Muddy Stilettos Bucks/Oxon, liaising with clients, writers and HQ staff to produce a brilliant, up-to-the-minute site
- Generating features with an emphasis on the new, unique and in-the-know that will excite our readers
- Overseeing and growing the social channels for Muddy Bucks/Oxon
- Working with the Commercial Manager to develop revenue streams as well as service our clients
- Oversee the luxe visual quality of the site
- Editing, proof-reading and approving content for publication, from pitches and deadlines through to metadata and pictures
- Driving new content and traffic/PR building initiatives
- Writing and commissioning reviews and features and crafting newsletters
- Representing Muddy Stilettos to external parties and at key corporate events
- Regularly researching and visiting new shops, shows, events and restaurants – a car is a necessity
- Proven editing experience on a luxury lifestyle magazine or website
- A lively, witty writing style
- First-rate editing skills
- Knowledge of Wordpress
- Attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of social media and SEO best practice
- An understanding of the Muddy Stilettos brand and the digital landscape
- Management experience
- Experience using analytics tools to analyse data and implement improvements
- Organised, meticulous, and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A confident communicator
- A charming, friendly disposition
WHAT WE OFFER
- As working mothers, we understand the need to be flexible – no one ever misses a school concert on our watch!
- Significant lifestyle perks including reviews, stays and events
- A friendly, relaxed office based in a Grade II listed granary in Oxford conveniently located close to Junction 8 of the M40
Please apply here to the Editor-in-Chief, Muddy Stilettos by completing the application form below with your CV and covering letter along with 3 ideas that would appeal to the Bucks/Oxon readership, along with headlines and an explanation of how these would be ceded out on social to ensure maximum readership.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications we will only be contacting candidates who have been shortlisted and progress through to the next stage.