Yahoo UK, News Reporter
Yahoo News UK is looking for an outstanding news reporter as part of our growing emphasis on original journalism.
The ideal candidate will be able to cover breaking and trending news stories, plus work on exclusive stories/projects across areas our audience is passionate about, such as crime and politics.
You will be able to bring these stories to life in an imaginative, entertaining and engaging way for our users.
Millions of people visit Yahoo for news, sports, finance, email and much more across numerous countries every day, and this will be a fantastic opportunity for you to showcase your passion and talent for covering news.
This position is a 12-month contract and will include weekend hours.
A bit more information about the role
In this job, you will:
- Pitch a daily list of original ideas and produce copy commissioned by the news editor to a high standard
- Be part of the content strategy that will explore how Yahoo News UK can stand out and be unique and interesting
- Always look to be innovative and challenge convention in everything you do
- Understand the importance of tone, and adapt according to content and format
- Use analytics/live data to inform editorial decision-making and ensure we reach our audience as effectively as possible
- Collaborate with our video team to tell stories in a unique and engaging way
- Collaborate with our social, SEO and distribution experts to ensure we’re always striving to reach new audiences
A bit more information about you
- Have substantial experience in journalism and digital media
- Have experience interviewing, sourcing stories and writing for digital publications with a sound understanding of media law
- Be able to work flexible hours in order to meet the demands of a digital newsroom
- Be technically proficient on CMS
- Be inclusive and collaborative
- Have excellent communication skills at all levels, and an ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams
- NCTJ-qualification is preferred though a degree (or higher) that is journalism-related will also be considered
- Please include examples of your work across a range of topics
Apply by completing the application form below.
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, colour, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
Verizon Media is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment.
If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please email ApplicantAccommodation@verizonmedia.com or call 408-336-1409. Emails/calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
Apply for Yahoo UK, News Reporter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly