Practical Caravan & Practical Motorhome, Deputy Editor
Love the great outdoors? Practical Caravan is Britain’s best-selling and most exciting caravan magazine, while Practical Motorhome is Britain’s brightest and best motorhome title!
We’re looking for a deputy editor to work across both brands, and to help take them from strength to strength.
You don’t necessarily need to be a caravan or motorhome expert: a love of the outdoor lifestyle, great organisational skills, top-notch writing talent and bags of enthusiasm are what we’re looking for with this exciting role.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Writing brilliant and inspirational travel stories that will truly engage the readers.
- Testing both caravans and motorhomes before writing in-depth reviews.
- Helping the editor-in-chief proof-read pages before they go to print.
- Assisting in the production process by chasing copy and getting it ready for layout.
- Commissioning features and liaising with contributors to help ensure they deliver exactly what’s needed.
- Coming up with brilliant feature ideas that help make the magazines better than ever.
- Uploading copy and photographs to our websites to help keep them bang up-to-date.
- Interacting with readers via social media
- Travelling to industry events to help represent the brands.
What do I need to succeed?
You might already be a deputy editor, or you could be a production or features editor looking to take a step up to a more senior role.
Either way, these are the skills and experience that you’ll need to possess:
- Experience of working in a monthly magazine environment for at least three years
- Brilliant writing talents that never fail to come across on page (or on screen)
- An enthusiasm for, and a willingness to, travel as part of your role
- Rock-solid organisational skills
- The ability to work well in a small team
You’ll also need to possess a full, clean UK driving licence and be willing to drive larger vehicles.
The following are desirable, but not essential:
- Experience of presenting video
- The ability to produce flatplans, and experience with liaising with advertising teams to do so.
- Good working knowledge of basic CMS
- Knowledge of Indesign
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
Future is the name behind market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest.
We’re dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time.
Our global reach is phenomenal with over 250 million consumers across 180 + world-leading brands. It’s an incredible privilege to have such a passionate audience base across our websites, magazines, social media and events.
But that’s not enough – we continue to add to our portfolio and restlessly look to improve, innovate and push the boundaries of what can be done. We are developing leading-edge proprietary technology which is disrupting the media marketplace.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients, staff and shareholders. In a short space of time, Future has transformed into an innovative global media platform and the figures speak volumes:
Online audience growth- ↑188%
EBITDA Growth- ↑169%
Revenue Growth- ↑103%
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work with endless opportunities to forge a career.
We believe in teamwork that transcends location, so we don’t have a Future HQ but a globally connected workforce across the UK, US, France and Australia
Every kind of talent is celebrated here.. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please click 'APPLY' and submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!