ILN, PR SAE / Manager & Copywriter
ILN (Illustrated London News Limited) is a content marketing agency, specialising in the luxury sector.
We are on the hunt for an enthusiastic and talented PR account handler / manager and copywriter to join our expanding team.
Our clients range from Aston Martin to niche property brands. This hybrid role will require PR experience and strong writing skills.
Based in the heart of vibrant Spitalfields, this is a hands-on, varied role. It would suit a junior PR who is interested in expanding their writing skills OR a journalist/writer, who is adept at PR and copywriting, interested in a wider role.
The job is client-facing, so will require excellent communication skills (written and verbal), as well as strong digital and social media know-how.
For some of our clients we create high-end publications and websites, however an increasing sector of our business is looking after luxury and premium brands that are looking for PR, marketing, social media and copywriting services. This requires juggling the needs of numerous projects at a time across the client portfolio.
It can mean writing online content for a luxury lifestyle brand one moment and writing press releases for a property client the next. The job will entail some editorial writing for our digital publications and creating posts for social media outlets.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing innovative PR strategies in line with the business objectives of our clients
- Creating compelling and targeted content and messaging for a variety of content platforms, ranging from short form web copy, email newsletters and marketing product copy to thought leadership reports and editorial features
- Develop and maintain relationships with key journalists and the media in relevant sectors
- Media outreach activity, including pitching stories to national and consumer press and hosting press appointments
- Drafting press materials, news releases and written responses for features and news stories, Q&A etc
- Develop and executing engaging ways to tell our clients’ stories
- Developing and executing social media campaigns
- Monitor media exposure
- Supporting the Account Directors, CEO and the wider team in delivering effective campaigns
What we are looking for:
- Experience working with luxury or lifestyle brands (in PR and/or editorial). Property sector experience an advantage
- Strong media relations skills coupled with a bulging media and influencer contacts book
- First class writing skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent client-handling skills and an enthusiastic networker
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify and research stories, and develop client narratives
- A creative 360-degree thinker, who can get to grips with our clients’ business goals
- Sound knowledge/understanding of social and digital media and SEO basics
- Confident, pro-active and motivated
- An energetic, organised, can-do multi-tasker, capable of managing a busy workload
- A team player who will work collaboratively with colleagues
- Events management experience an added advantage
Please send your CV, covering letter and examples of your writing by completing the application form below.