Post, News Editor
2 days left
- Full Time
Infopro Digital is a fast growing information services business with an absolute focus on growth and innovation.
Globally the business has 3,200 employees across 15 countries; and revenues of €440m across six professional markets: automobile, construction, retail, insurance and finance, public sector and industry.
Our international presence includes a vibrant culture and offices in London, New York, Hong Kong and Paris.
Post, the insurance B2B brand, is looking for a news editor who can manage and motivate a team of journalists to deliver exclusive and in-depth “must read” content ahead of our competition.
Post is the leading brand for the UK insurance sector and publishes a magazine as well as hosting a breaking news website, and a live app.
Working in a fast-paced environment with a contantly moving sector we are looking for a news editor with the drive, ambition and hunger to make a real difference in what is one of Infopro Digital's flagship brands.
The successful candidate will be expected to monitor the effectiveness of news and analysis content and drive a continued increase in the print and online readership of the brand.
This is an opportunity for someone who can hit the ground running; will relish the challenge of running a team; and who will get out into the industry to promote the Post brand and build contacts.
- Manage and motivate a team of journalists to deliver exclusive “must read” news and analysis for our subscribers
- Be responsible for the news and in–depth analysis and deliver the editorial strategy as laid out by the Editor.
- Assign and edit news content – making sure accuracy, house style and quality of journalism is maintained.
- Encourage team to conduct video interviews to complement news and analysis. Maximise the effectiveness of this video content.
- Help source exclusive news stories and helping the journalists bring these to fruition.
- Develop a team of journalists to help them achieve their targets
- Chair roundtables, video debates and conferences as directed by the Editor.
- This is an ideal opportunity for writers to further develop their skills in a fast-paced publication
- A track record of writing exclusive news and analysis - and have worked in a weekly or daily news environment
- Financial journalism experience is ideal but not essential
- Someone with experience managing a news desk, possibly in a deputy role
- We will be looking for someone committed to thinking ahead of the competition
What we're looking for:
Degree level qualifications useful but not essential. Demonstration of enthusiasm for journalism and the subject matter are the key qualifications.
What's on offer:
As well as working with the most interesting, talented and fun people, we operate a culture where success is recognised.
You will be supported throughout your career tailoring your development through management support, internal and external training courses, and on the job training.
Based in a fantastic location in London, you will also have access to numerous retail discounts!
In addition to a competitive salary we offer the following benefits:
Infopro Digital also runs The Foundation which supports a number of charities. Staff can volunteer to contribute their skills and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for Post, News Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly