MoneySavingExpert.com, Money Writer / Reporter
Why join MoneySavingExpert.com?
MoneySavingExpert.com is proud to be the UK's biggest consumer website, with about 15 million users a month.
We are dedicated to cutting your bills and fighting your corner with journalistic research, cutting-edge tools and a massive community – all focused on finding deals, saving cash and campaigning for financial justice.
More than 11 million people have signed up to receive our weekly email, which is packed full of deals, loopholes and money-saving guides. We have been able to harness the collective power of our users to get them the best deals from providers.
With more than 1.5 million users and about three million discussion threads, our forum is an active and passionate community where people help one another to get out of debt, secure better deals and find ways to make the most of their cash.
Why join the editorial team?
We are looking for a talented, hungry and experienced journalist to join our Money team to deliver regular news stories and content for the weekly email, as well as writing and updating a wide range of guides.
Reporting to the Money Editor and in charge of some of our money content, you'll be covering everything from benefits, student finances to latest tax developments.
You'll make sure content is understandable and in line with MSE's house style, as well as structured in an engaging and easy to navigate way.
You will be involved in the planning side of things and will be expected to keep on top of the latest news in your subject areas. You'll also utilise data to ensure we have regular and timely content.
As well as being a top-notch journalist who can explain complicated subjects in an easy-to-read manner, you'll have an analytical mind and meticulous attention to detail to ensure every word you publish is absolutely spot-on, so our 15 million unique users a month always get accurate and timely information.
What will I be doing?
- Keeping on top of trends in the personal finance sphere and spotting opportunities for news stories and investigations. You will be an expert in your subject areas (which will depend on previous background).
- Updating guides and writing new content for the weekly email.
- Checking accuracy of product details in MoneySavingExpert guides, tools and the weekly email, ensuring 100% accuracy and reliability.
- Involvement in strategic planning of content.
- Contributing to MSE's social media channels
What skills and experience do I need?
Ideally, you'll have worked for a consumer-facing publication/website or newspaper before and will have a good knowledge and understanding of the mortgage market in particular.
- Knowledge of personal finance and consumer issues.
- A flair for writing and the ability to bring life to often-complex subjects.
- A proven track record working as a journalist.
- A passion for being first with stories and bagging exclusives.
- To be a stickler for accuracy.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong time management/prioritisation skills.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience working for a personal finance publication or website.
- Familiarity with search engine optimisation (SEO).
To apply for this role, please visit our site by clicking the 'APPLY' button.